After the Raising of Night-5e
For those moments when the very fabric of magical reality warps even further than expected, you will need to have a Sanity score.
This will be rolled for with 3d6, and may be adjusted by prayer, psychology or eldritch interference.
Sanity checks may be used in place of intelligence checks to:
- decipher a script written in a text so alien that it warps the soul
- overcome the lingering effects of madness
- comprehend the effects of alien, far realm magics beyond the ken of Adad-akitu’s laws
Sanity saving throws may come into play during instances such as:
- viewing a creature from the Far Realms for the first…or second time
- resisting some psychic damage effects
- being subjected to spells that attack one’s sanity